I am FINALLY ready to show you our school room! I've been working feverishly the past two days and finally have it all ready to go ... with less than 2 days to spare before we begin school!
haha!
Please, please, please bear with me as there are a TON of photos!
Our school room is part of our finished basement ... so when you come down the stairs this is the view of the room ...

Our table area ...

The poster wall ...

My fave new poster! I plan to have some sort of prize at the end of each month for girls who have consistently good attitudes with school work.

Artwork that the girls painted a couple years ago ...


Our white board area ...

A rough schedule - not that it will be followed to a T every day - but at least the girls have a rough idea of what comes next each day.

Some bins on the wall so they can put all their completed work in them.

Our
workbox system ... purple for one girl, green for the other ...

I made labels and had them laminated.

Each night I will attach them with
velcro ...

Oh wait, maybe THIS is my fave poster!! {the outside of the craft closet}

Inside of craft closet ...

I like having everything
labeled!

On top of the craft closet ... paints, paint brushes and a tin full of my white board markers ...

Bulletin boards - one for each kid so we can display their work.

Mommy's "
workbox" ...
LOL, mostly just a place to keep my supplies ...

The computer table ... kind of Mom's space I guess ...

This is our old computer, it's not even online. We'll be using it for educational CD-
ROMs and writing/typing papers and stuff like that. It's probably a GOOD thing it's not online so I will stay focused with the girls and not be on the net all day!

Our September snack calendar, more on this later!

My metal bins - I want to add vinyl letters that say 'READ' and 'RETURN' and use them for library books.

New globe, new {to us} microscope and cute little sign from my friend {just like our blog, it says 'Another day in paradise'}.

Chalkboard and the other side of it is a white board - really nice for when the girls want to write out a spelling list or something like that ...

Looking back towards the stairs ...

Dr.
Suess alphabet letters ...


A white board calendar, 50 states posters {I love the blue one, you can wipe it off! the girls have already been using it!}, weather poster and book list poster.

Weather calendar I got for free!

A poster for recording the books we've read ...

My two
IKEA bookshelves ... I LOVE these things! I had one for years but since I'm a
scrapbooker, reader and
homeschool Mom I needed MORE space for all my stuff so we got another last year. And they're pretty full!

Vinyl lettering that my Father in law did for me years ago ...

The top row holds most of my scrapbook supplies, the 2
nd row has mostly albums, the 3rd row is mostly school books and the last row is mostly novels that are mine or my hubby's ...

On the table we have a small bin for pencils, scissors, and stuff like that ... and the girls love bright flowers!

On my table I have 2 bins, one has the girls school workbooks so I can easily find them each night and pull out their work for the following day. The other bin has all the teacher's guides and test keys. {again, so I can access them easily}

I bought 2 of these lamps {cheap} at
Walmart this year. The lighting downstairs is overhead but just didn't seem bright enough, so far these 2 lamps are helping ...

And that's all! This is the end of our school room tour! Hope you enjoyed! Now that it's all done and ready I'm more excited to get started! Tomorrow is our last official day of summer and then it's back to the books on Monday!
16 comments:
I love it! It is absolutely amazing to see all your hard work come together into such a fun and usable space. I know your year will be filled with fun and good memories and the Lord's working in your lives as a family. Thank you for sharing all the pictures. {hugs}
I am so excited for you Kathy...it looks great. We will be praying for you this school year!
Wow, that is awesome! I'm so impressed. Hope you have a great school year.
Kathy, Nana and Poppy love your school room!! Lots of hard work shows in your room.
WOW lady! What an AWESOME space! That's a pretty awesome finished basement - really adds a ton of space to your home! Looks like a great place to work and learn. :)
P.S. Love all the labels - you can never have too many!
You make me want to homeschool and decorate! I LOVE THE SPACE! It looks so amazing! I hope you have a great year of school!!! Should be easy with that motivating space!
WoW!!!! Awesome doesn't do it justice! Katie is never going to want to leave your house! I am so proud to have you as a friend. You always inspire me as a mom!!!! Wishing you a blessed year with your girls!
Love your space! As a mom who is considering (prayerfully) starting to homeschool my children when the time comes, these types of posts are really great for me- inspiration of what great homeschooling can look like and become for both the home and the children. Thank you for sharing in our journey!
It looks like you'll be off to a great start for school! Your room is amazingly organized which means easier to focus of the school work! Have fun teaching your girls!
OK, I confess: I'm officially jealous! LOL Seriously though, you have one awesome school room!
Looks really great, K ... we can totally see how many hours of organization went into this!
Very cool! As of now we have 2 dedicated bookshelves... :) Of course, we're just starting out. I need to pull out our white board and I *really* like your attitude chart. Thanks for the peek!
LOVE it!! Can you come and organize my classroom? LOL! I might "steal" some ideas. :) I will be praying for you this year. If you need anything specific, please email me. Sorry about that years packet, I still can't believe you never got that. We have got to meet in person. You and girls are welcome to come hangout anytime you are up this way! :)
Really nice, Kathy! Ditto to what the Amy above said. =) I hope you are enjoying your first week of school!
I love the space Kathy. The girls are so blessed to have such a crafty and organized mom. Questions...where did you find the bins for the completed work?
Hi! I found you through a mutual real life friend that we have. She heard that I was redoing our school room and that I blog (only I'm a slacker right now!), so she thought I'd be interested/inspired by your room. I AM! I love it. Oh to be so organized! Happy school days!
Post a Comment