Thursday, July 15, 2010

Maine

Sorry for being a total blog slacker lately ... the truth is we've just been enjoying our summer so much that I haven't had much time to blog ... but I guess that's a good thing, right?!

This past weekend we went to Maine with our friends and stayed with them at my friend Lynn's parent's cabin {wow that was a mouthful!} Lester and Nancy were very welcoming hosts and we had a very relaxing and fun time. There's something to be said for a vacation where you do nothing but relax. No shopping, no site seeing, no rushing about to amusement parks or venues - simply swimming in the lake or floating in the water - complete and total relaxation!

OH, and we did have some FUN too ... have you ever been on one of these?! If not, you are missing out - big time!


Behind the kids on the tube is the house we stayed in - it's right on the lake, has a great dock and waterfront area and is tucked away in this great little cove.
I could NOT stop smiling and laughing the whole time I was on the tube! Well, that and a little screaming when we hit some big bumps!
Each of us on the boat ...



Bob and the girls - I love this picture of them enjoying the summer so much!
This is what I did pretty much most of the time up there ... floated and floated and floated in the beautiful water!
This is what the kids did pretty much all the time - jumped and jumped and jumped off the floating dock ...
Summer + friends = FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
Hope you are enjoying your summer too! Make time to jump in the water, swim with the kids, jump off the dock, float in a lake/river/pool/ocean ---- enjoy and have fun! I want to add real quick that the whole time we were there I did not fix my hair, put on makeup or worry about how I looked. It was more fun to just enjoy the time then to worry about those things. Summer is going by really fast already - what will you do to have some fun before the time is gone?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Now that is the perfect vacation!!! Good friends.... no standing in line... no spending money... just relaxing! Niiiice!