We have these ugly cement porches by our front door and our kitchen door. And we hardly ever use the front door - mostly just to walk out and get the mail each day.
We had a new door put in a couple years ago and still haven't painted it. So it's just primer white right now. We also painted the cement porches because they were nasty grey cement and we thought it would look better ... only problem is that the paint chips alot and needs to be re-painted about once a year.
So here are my pics, forgive the silly smashed flower pot - read the snake story below if you don't know what that is all about. Before the snake came along the only things on the porch to give it any appeal or color were those two green pots with the geraniums in them.
I want the porch to look pretty and inviting since it's the front of my house where everyone can see it. BUT, I don't want to spend a fortune on making it look nice. I need some inexpensive ideas ... so please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{PS. The house color and shutter color need to stay. The siding is new and we don't want to pay to replace the shutters right now ... so I need to find colors and stuff to complement those.}
5 comments:
Not that I know anything about this but I really like your potted flowers. But maybe try different pots... bright cheerful colorful ones? They have so many as I learned when I found mine. They have funky shapped ones too.
And your house is so nice... really. I didn't notice anything about those stairs. Your whole yard is well cared for and tidy. I think the simplicity works well.
I'd love to see a shot of the whole front of the house! I am really learning to love landscaping and plant design etc since I kind of married into it :)
There is a company that can redo paint/reface your cement porch and steps to look like stone, brick, there are all kinds of options. I'm not sure how much it costs but it's an option.
I definitely vote for a red door!
Check out this post. At the bottom of the post you'll see that their porches are not much bigger than yours but have great impact.
http://itsthelittlethingsthatmakeahouseahome.blogspot.com/2009/02/house-numbers.html
Post a Comment