The Snake
There is a reason why the Bible says; "Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made" in Genesis chapter 3. And there is a reason why I don't like snakes, I don't trust snakes and I cannot function when there is a snake ANYwhere nearby. Now, the rest of the story ...
On the morning of July 4th while getting everything ready for our big family BBQ ... Bob parked his truck in the front lawn, then came rushing to the backyard yelling "come see this, you're not going to believe it!" He grabs his big metal shovel and we go out front. There wrapped up inside my flower pot {ON MY FRONT PORCH, MERE STEPS FROM MY FRONT DOOR!} full of geraniums is a HUGE black snake. The very same flower pot that I go to when I prune the dead flowers and leaves about 2-3 times per week. The very same pot that I would have completely, totally had a freak out mental breakdown had I been pruning those same flowers and come face to face with a huge snake!
Ahem, anyway, back to the story ... so Bob says, I'm really sorry about what I'm about to do to your flower pot and BAM smashes it while he's trying to chop up the snake. The snake then jumps into the bushes and after much smashing and pulling we finally get the snake out into the open grass and killed. {Sorry, please don't report me to PETA!}
That darn snake put up a great fight, even when he was half chopped he still stuck his tongue out and hissed at us. Let me just take a quick sec to remind you what the Bible says, "the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made" -- uh huh, see why we had to destroy it? Can you imagine if I stepped out on my front porch one morning and nearly stepped on a SNAKE? ew! Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!
Anyway, here is the pic of the snake, we figured he was about 5 feet long ... and my wrecked flower pot, after the fact - I think I won't mind re-planting those flowers somewhere else ...



2 comments:
Yuck! I share your sentiments regarding snakes...once there was a huge snake like that in the boxwood shrubs in front of my parents house. I had to take a running jump on to the porch every single time!!
GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment