Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patricks Day

The girls and I had lots of fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day together. We set up the kitchen table with a green tablecloth, set our clover plant right in the center and got busy with lots of fun activities. We started by listening to a story about St. Patrick, we made rainbows with dot-to-dot paints {these are easy, awesome and fun, I highly recommend them!}, did word searches, colored pictures, etc ....




For our snack time we had green pudding {pistachio} in fancy glasses - it was SO yummy!
We made shamrocks from green foam and tied colorful streamers to them - these are now hanging in our school room.
St. Patrick's Day is also Hope's half birthday {another family tradition!} so they each received a decorated paper bag with a couple small gifts inside.
I asked them to do some creative writing - the were to draw a picture and then write about it - they both chose to draw rainbows!
We put all their work together in these cute construction paper booklets {she's holding the rainbow over the part that shows her real name!}
Hope with her book, the white paper is there to hide her real name. =)
For lunch we had sandwiches on St. Patrick's day plates, we used green napkins and I made green lemonade ... Hope thought it looked gross and made a weird face when I told her to try it! She ended up loving the taste, but would close her eyes each time she drank from it so she wouldn't see the green liquid going into her mouth!
Joy didn't mind the green drink one bit!
But we all ended up with very green tongues!!!

One of the items in their gift bag was a small snowglobe - they collect them so they were happy to have another to add to their collection.

4 comments:

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Love the green tongues!!! :)

Mary said...

That is a pile of good ideas in one post! Awesome!

Charity said...

So fun! You are such a good teacher and so creative. I love pistachio pudding too :-)

Sandra said...

What fun! Love the green tongues!
Sandy