Thursday, March 5, 2009

When you feel like you've failed ...

Today I went to my usual Weight Watchers meeting and weigh-in. I always get a little nervous when I step on the scale, knowing that any junk I've eaten that week could very easily show up in my current weight.

So far, I've lost weight every single week ... until today. Today I had gained 1.2 pounds. It's not a lot, but still, it's discouraging.

The lady weighing me said "what did you do different this week?" and I replied "Oh I know what I did ... I take full responsibility and know what I did wrong."

You see ... over the last couple of weeks I have let my journaling slide. I've also allowed myself to munch on little bites of this and little bites of that - all the while leaving those 'small little bites' completely unaccounted for on my journal record.

So of course I've gained! WW works {for me} because you HAVE to count the points, keep track and stick to it! The points control how much you eat each day and keep you in line.

Allowing myself too many little splurges that I did not count means I probably went WAY over my points allowance for the week!

Anyway, I was definitely a little discouraged all day. I wanted an instant fix and I didn't want to have to go back and re-lose those pounds I'd already lost! But staying down in the dumps will get me nowhere so I'm even more determined than ever to work harder, eat better and be healthier!

I learned this song when I was a little child in Sunday school and I can't remember all the words ... but this one phrase keeps flowing through my head ... "He's still working on me, to make me what I oughta be ..."

I'm thankful that He's still working on me {in more than the just physical sense!} and I have the chance to get back on track and keep working towards my goals.

2 comments:

Merriann said...

I remember that song too, Kathy! He's still working on me, to make me what I oughta be. It took him just a week to make the Moon and Stars, Sun and Earth and Jupiture and Mars. How loving and patient he must be. His still workin on me....
Keep your head up. He's still working on alot of us! ;)

Mary said...

It wouldn't be a true journey without stumbles to make you stronger. Keep those eyes on your goal and you WILL get there! Smart to blog about it and keep yourself accountable to it. You are an inspiration!!