
Keep in mind that many times one week doesn't look anything like the next ... but for the most part, these are the things we do together {almost} every week.
- Doing outdoorsy things together. Taking walks, riding bikes, letterboxing, hiking mountains, going to the beach {summer time!}, playing in the snow, etc ... we love to be outdoors and find adventure!
- Field trip Mondays. Bob has Mondays off so we take advantage of the time together and go on a weekly field trip. Some times it's to the Aquarium, a museum, or something like that ... but many times it's doing something outdoors together {see above!}. We try to find different things to do, or new places to explore. We also try to use it as a chance to learn something about the place we've chosen to go, or to tie it in to school in some way.
On Saturdays Bob has to work all day. He gets home after 7 so we have late night pizza night most Saturday nights.

- Swimming lessons. This is a family event! We all go together and it's so nice that Bob gets to see their progress too.

- Church on Sundays. This is my favorite day of the week. I love Sundays. I love our church and the people and I love going there to worship and to learn. I love that the girls love it too and they have so many friends there and they are already learning so much.

- We also like to go out to dinner together {usually} one night per week. Usually on one of Bob's days off.
- Many weeks {weather permitting} we go to the park all together during the day. Since Bob works in the evenings and we homeschool we have lots of freedom to go to the park whenever we want. We usually choose a park where the girls can play on the playground, but that also has a track so Bob and I can get some exercise while we're there. We all come home happy campers! =)
This is just a small glimpse into our week. Like I said above, no two weeks are exactly alike and some weeks we are lucky to go to church on Sunday, but might not get around to all the other traditions. But they are definitely things that we do as much as possible each week.
Don't have any weekly traditions that you do with your family yet?? It's not too late to start! You don't need any money to start a weekly game night at home, or a weekly movie night, or a weekly pizza making night ... there are so many ideas! Enjoy your family this week!
4 comments:
Your family sounds like so much fun, Kathy! I wish my hubby had Mondays off. It would be so nice to do those field trips when places are less busy than on the weekends. Thanks for sharing!!
we love to letterbox too--so fun and basically free! thank you for the lovely glimpse inside your family-
jodi
I love getting to do things with my hubby AND my son. That's the best. Doesn't have to be anything real grand, simply being together makes even mundane outings or activities grand!
I've never done any letterboxing but I think I'd like to. How neat that your husband has Mondays off to be able to spend time with the family too.
Post a Comment