I'm a big fan of sweets, and especially creamy stuff like ice cream. Trying to eat healthy makes my ice cream addiction so hard to avoid! Even the low fat ice creams have a serving suggestion of 1/2 cup. 1/2 cup??!! That's nothing!
Anyway, I read about this dessert on the internet, I think it was the WW website but I can't remember. It is SO yummy!
Take one package of fat free cream cheese,
one container of fat free cool whip and
2 TBSP of coffee flavored mix
and blend together with your mixer.
Below you will see the coffee mix I use, it's even sugar free and comes in a variety of flavors. And it's decaf so you can enjoy these yummy treats at night and still sleep at night!
After it's all blended together I divide it into muffin cups, then sprinkle a small amount of slivered almonds over the top, then freeze. This is yummy even when it's not frozen, but freezing it makes it more like ice cream.
When you are ready to eat them, just take out of the freezer and let them thaw for a few minutes before trying to eat. These are so good and so low fat that you might even want more than one!
Just a side note, I am pretty sure you could adapt this any way you want. Example, if you really don't like coffee flavor, you could probably use some sort of sugar free choc syrup or caramel syrup, or any other flavor. I haven't taken the time to experiment yet!
Oh yeah, I usually just use regular paper muffin cups ... but I found these cute heart shaped silicone ones really cheap and bought them for the kids ... so I figured why not use them for my treats as well? One batch filled about 10 cups ... they are pretty small though. Yeah, I just might eat 2 at a time. :)
6 comments:
I can just see you now taking pictures of your food just for your blog! haha
Yummy idea!
well I figured that pictures made it more interesting! Besides the cute valentine cups just begged to have their photo taken! :-D
I love how Jessica take the pics of her CVS finds ... and how her hubby thought she was crazy for posting pics of it ... my DH would feel the same way!
Kathy,
Wow your blog is great!! You write so well and keep updated! Im new to the blogging world. you can check it out though at larsandlaura.blogspot. Oh, I also wanted to let you know that your Christmas card was adorable. your girls are getting so grown up. All for now...
Laura
hey! You are more than welcome to add us! I would add you if I knew how to do that:) I am slowly learning , so glad I found your blog!
laura
Very Yummy!!!!
Sounds soooo yummy! I'll try 'em.
Post a Comment