the greatest gift any parent could wish for on Christmas Eve. Our daughter H accepted Jesus Christ as her personal Savior!!
She told us about a year and a half ago that she prayed to God one night and accepted Him, and we believed her, but weren't really sure that she totally understood what it all meant. So we've been talking with her and praying for her, and mostly just waiting for her to come to us when the Holy Spirit was pulling on her heart.
So on Christmas Eve we went to our church for the Christmas Eve program. It was beautiful and very well geared to children. The girls really enjoyed seeing the other children up front singing on stage. I was especially impressed with one little girl who sang an entire solo by herself (I think she's about 9 yrs old). It was beautiful and made me cry (of course!)
Near the end of the program the speaker gave the gospel message and said that if anyone did not know Christ as their Savior, but would like to, they could come up front and there would be people who could talk to and pray with them. (I actually had the thought in my mind, "what if H says she wants to go up?" knowing that I was already emotional from the singing ... I didn't know if my emotions could handle it!)
The next thing I know, my Mom in law is leaning over saying "H wants to go up front!" And so with my heart about to burst, I walked up front with her and after the last song we sat and prayed together with someone and she accepted Jesus. It was really neat because the lady who prayed with us (Karlyn) is the Mom of one of my friend's and also close friend of my Mom's. Her granddaughter is H's friend and I know she had a tender heart for H and was rejoicing with us over H's profession of faith!
Later I was talking to H and she said to me, "Mom, I actually asked Jesus into my heart a long time ago ... remember that night I prayed by myself?" It was neat that she remembered and yet still wanted to go forward ... I feel as though that was the confirmation from God so that I knew in my heart that her long ago prayer was genuine and true. So now I have no doubt that she truly knows and understands and has chosen to believe in Jesus Christ.
I just want to end by saying how very thankful I am for my parents, and Bob's parents. They both did a wonderful job of raising their children who all know and love the Lord. That doesn't mean we never have hard times, or face large obstacles, or loss. But knowing that we have eternity in heaven with Jesus Christ is the most extraordinary gift one could ever hope for. And now that we have the opportunity to teach our children and help them understand God's Word and grow in Christ ... it's a blessing that I am so thankful to be a part of.
One of the first verses H learned in Awana was John 3:16 which says ... "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life."
AMEN! H can now know that she will someday live for eternity in heaven with Jesus.
4 comments:
Kathy, what a wonderful story! Praise God!
Wow! How special - a moment that will never be forgotten.
That is soooo amazing and special! I am teary eyed and goose-bumped! How awesome!!
What a special Christmas gift! Thanks for sharing the story, and praise God!
Post a Comment