Friday, December 14, 2007

Oh there's no place like home for the holidays!!

I love being home for Christmas. I love pulling out all the decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving and spending a day (or two!!) putting all the things out.

When we first got married we had nothing for Christmas decor. So I went to the Christmas Tree Shop and started buying some snowmen. They were pretty cheap so year after year I'd add another one or two. Pretty soon, people that knew and loved me caught on that I like snowmen and they started buying my snowmen stuff.

Well now, my whole house is filled with snowmen stuff, and I don't even buy anything anymore!! I took some pictures from around the house to show you all just how cute it all looks! Hope you enjoy this little tour of my happy Christmas house.

In the kitchen on the walls ...
Above the doorway between kitchen and dining room ...
A closer glimpse of the tree ...
Another great Christmas Tree Shop find ...
Dining room hutch ...
Dining room wall ...
Above my stove ...
I have a few pretty Nativities that have been given to me as well ...
The Nativities and candles all go up high ... :)
Just a small fraction of my snowman collection ...
My IKEA bookshelf with LOTS of snowmen, and Nativities on top. (And LOTS of scrapbooks on the bottom shelves!!!)
Our tree!! Still has a 'snow' theme and more snowmen, snowflakes and sleds! And also lots of ornaments with the kids pictures or ones that they have made.
Thanks for coming on my Christmas tour!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

It's lovely, Kathy!

I really like the picture mittens idea. Could you post a close up of those, purdy please? :-)

HopiQ said...

Everything looks so cute! Thank you for the tour!

Now I've got to go and work on my little nest. :)

Cass said...

Wow, Kathy, you have a serious Christmas collection! Looks great ... and I'm sure the rest of the family just love it when it's all done and it's time to just enjoy!