I'm not sure what Sarah even calls this. It's a yummy baked oatmeal breakfast dish that I had at her house a couple years ago. I had to have the recipe because it was so yummy, and easy to make. It can feed a crowd if you have people staying with you around the holidays ... or when it's just us, I eat a little every day, or even freeze some of it to use at another time. You can reheat it easily in the micro. I have also halved the recipe using an 8x8 pan and it worked out just fine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Lightly spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray
Beat together:
6 eggs
1/2 cup butter or marg
1/2 cup sugar
Then add 2 cups milk to the above and mix.
In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients:
6 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
5 cups Quaker Oats
Mix the wet and cry together and put mixture into pan.
Make the topping with:
2/3 cup brown sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
4 TBSP butter or marg
Mix together, then spoon over the top of dish.
Bake for 30 minutes.
It can be a little dry, so I like to pour a little bit of milk over it before eating. (You can let people do their own.)
4 comments:
yummy, kathy! I can't wait to try it.
ha ha ... I just realized I wrote "mix the wet and CRY together"!!! I didn't mean you should cry ... just mix the wet and DRY together!! :)
Hi Kathy, just found your blog from your facebook page. Just wanted to drop you a comment to say hello! Love the breakfast recipe, will be using that soon. Have a great day!
Thanks for sharing the recipe...we are going to have a crew here over Thanksgiving so that will definitely do for breakfast one morning...I'll let you know how it turns out. I wanted to also tell you I love all of the pictures you post about the creative things you do - those floral arrangements were gorgeous!
Post a Comment