Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday Mornings.

I just love Wednesday mornings. I know, seems kinda strange being that it's the middle of the work week, but I really do love Wednesdays.

Wednesday is the day we have ladies Bible study at church. It's such a neat experience. I often feel as though it's a moment of quiet rest in the middle of a busy week. I know, seems weird for me to describe ladies Bible study as 'quiet' and 'restful', but it really is.

It's that one morning a week when I can sit and enjoy the music, speaker, prayer, fellowship and learning. I was sitting there this morning thinking, 'wow, this is the first I've sat totally still and silent all week!'. My girls are both well cared for while I'm at study ... J is in preschool and H goes in class with other homeschoolers. I can restfully sit in His presence without a care in the world. No housework, no cooking, no cleaning, no kids, no things to keep me busy and distract me. Just time with Jesus. (And other ladies who challenge me to learn and grow more!)

I love that I always leave feeling refreshed and like I've learned so much more about God's Word.

The other thing I love about Wednesdays is that ladies Bible study is kind of like a yankee swap for me. There isn't a week that goes by when I'm not borrowing or returning something from someone. One week a friend borrowed some boots of mine, sometimes my Mom is returning books to me that she's borrowed, I'm also often returning books, sometimes I am returning a dish that a friend left at my house, or they are returning a sweater they borrowed. It's always a fun day to swap and I love the sense of community I get from doing that.

Thank you Lord for this day of rest in the middle of my busy week! I just love Wednesdays!
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

2 comments:

Pauleen said...

You wouldn't believe how much I miss what you have just shared...my experience was just like yours. When we moved to TX and then FL from CT I never found what I had at GBC. Thank you for reminding me of the wonderful moments I've had along this journey.

Mary said...

That's really awesome and super special!