Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kids say the funniest things ...

Jilly was walking down the stairs very slowly and sleepily the other morning.
"Good Morning Jilly!" I said.
"I can't walk too good because my legs are still sleeping!" she replied.
Too cute!

***********************************************************************

This one's a little more embarrassing, but still funny ...
We have this favorite farm we like to visit. They have great fresh veggies and plants, a great ice cream stand and also some animals which the kids love to visit. They have chickens, sheep, pigs and cows. The girls always love to run right up to the animal pens to say hi to the animals.

So we went there a couple weeks ago with some friends and had a picnic lunch, then the kids roamed around while the Moms finished our lunches. Haley and a friend came running back up to the picnic area saying "MOM, we decided to name the cows! You know the big one with the big horns??? Well, we are going to call him HORNY!!"
Oh my goodness! I just about died laughing ...

A few days later we took my Mom there and Haley very proudly went right up to the cow pen and started shouting "HI HORNY! Horny, come here! HI!! HORNY, HORNY!" Of course this also had my Mom and I in hysterics.

So how exactly DO you go about telling a six year old that HORNY is not an appropriate name for a large bull with horns? :)

5 comments:

Williams' Family said...

Oh my word! That is too funny Kathy! Sounds like some conversations we have had in this house!!!!!

Julie Womer said...

I was in need of a good laugh, and this sure did it:) That is too funny!!!! I have no clue how you could explain that one to a 6 year old.

Pauleen said...

I needed this laugh today - thanks for sharing it. The innocence of a child though is great - Haley was being very descriptive - her English teacher must love that...:)

MPH said...

It's not just 6 year olds that do things like this. I used to work with a guy whose neighbor named her dog "Lover Boy". Every night she would go out on the porch and call, "Lover Boy! Oh Lover Boy!"

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

heeheehee!