Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I think you had more fun than the kids!

Was DH's comment to me last night after one of the most fun days I've ever had in my life! I wholeheartedly agreed, I had such a blast! So here's the story ...

Yesterday I was busy homeschooling with H, when DH suddenly popped in the room and said "how about a spontaneous trip to the indoor water park?" He had taken yesterday off from work with the hopes of fishing or golfing but since it was raining cats and dogs, he figured going to the indoor water park was the next best thing! I agreed!
It was 3.5 hours in the car to get there and 3.5 hours in the car to come home this morning --- but it was worth every minute!!! We had the time of our lives, one of the best trips ever and I can't wait to go back!
One of the best things was that we had the WHOLE place to ourselves! There were only 2 other families in the entire indoor water park. It featured 7 waterslides, a lazy river, a wave machine, and a kiddy pool area. It was also in one of the nicest hotels we have ever been to. They had beautiful rooms, a great game room, restaurants, the water park, coffee shop, gift shops, etc ... and it all had a "lodge" theme that was very homey.

So here are some pictures ... hope you enjoy! Sorry, they are all out of order, I have to figure out how to rearrange them better!

Cool Moose head in the lobby...
The girls with a giant Mama bear and her cub ...
The fun things you can do with a heart shaped slinky!
This is what happens to your children after 4 straight hours at the waterpark!
J sliding!
Me, I'm just a big kid at heart!
J and I getting soaked!
Girls and a surfin' bear...
DH trying out the surf machine...

DH and girls ...
Bubbles, bubbles everywhere ...
H sliding ...
H in the bubbles...
J and I racing down the slides!

The Lodge....
The indoor water park...
White Water Bay
The girls and I...














6 comments:

Williams' Family said...

Looks like fun! Those spur of the moment trips are the best! How is homeschooling going?

Cass said...

What a perk to homeschooling, hey?!! :)
Glad YOU had fun!

Sarah said...

What Fun! Looks like a great time.

MPH said...

Can we meet you there next time? We love water parks too!

Charissa said...

you have such an adorable family!
I love spontaneity.
That place looks awesome and well worth the trip! :o)

Angie and Jason said...

FUN!!!!!!!