Next, I asked my DH to build us this 10 foot shelf, so that we can use it to hold all our pencils, supplies, etc... without having it all cluttered on our workspace. My table is actually one of my scrapbook tables, but since it's lightweight and folds up, I can take it down stairs when my girlfriends come over to scrapbook ... then bring it right back up for school when we need it.
Sorry, these pics are kinda out of order, but anyway, this is one bookshelf that holds all my files.
A closer look at the files ... we use Abeka curriculum, so I use one file box for each subject - that way we can easily reach for whichever subject we need to work on. These filing boxes were just 10 cents for 2 at IKEA!!! I shoulda bought a hundred of 'em!
My only other "tip" for organization is that I like to label everything. Might seem a bit overboard to label the crayon bin "crayons" when you can tell what's in it - but it also helps the girls learn to read the words.
And finally, I didn't take any pics, but in the closet, I have some small dressers that are filled with all the craft supplies, paints, playdough, extra supplies, etc. And the closet locks so if the kids have friends over I don't have to worry about them all getting into everything! :)
6 comments:
Love the organization!! (well, how can I not??!) :)
And great idea to have a separate school room - and it sounds as though the girls are happy to share a bedroom anyways.
Glad, glad, glad you're back a'blogging!
Hey Kathy -I saw your "advertisement" on the alumni site and wanted to check out your new blog. It looks great!
I love your "classroom" for the girls -you are super organized!!! :0) Every teacher's dream is to have a parent like you -so I bet you LOVE having you as a parent -hee hee!
I'm glad you're blogging -I'll check in again soon! God Bless!
Hi Kathy, Loved the pictures of your room. We started homeschool this week, so far so good.:) Been busy with the church programs for the girls, they are Monday, (for both girls)wednesday (for Annalee) and the first and third Thursday (for Victoria).Have not had much time to be creative with the sewing maybe this fall if I can. I am not a blogger a few of my friends do but I do like to read them and will leave comments time to time.Have a great time with the schooling and the time with your daughters.Take care!
You are so brave!!! Almost makes me want to homeschool! (OK, I just lied!) By the way.....do you like IKEA?????
The room looks great!
Nice to hit pay dirt at IKEA! I haven't been there in a long time, I miss it!
LOVE IT!!!
Thank you for sharing. When are you coming to see me to set me up?!? :)
If I understand correctly, IKEA is coming to my area! Looks like I'll be shopping there as soon as I can.
P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment.
Post a Comment