Monday, September 8, 2014

Oceans ....

Life has been a little tough lately. Mostly things related to parenting an {almost} teenager. I really don't want to go into all the details but let's just say it's been emotionally and physically exhausting. Some days I really don't know how I would get through each day without a relationship with the Lord. Many days my heart cries out in prayer continually throughout the day. I find that riding in the car alone is a wonderful time to pray so if you ever happen to pass me on the road and think I look crazy talking to myself, rest assured I am probably pouring my heart out to the Lord. =)

Anyhow, last week was particularly hard for many reasons and I shed more tears than I care to admit but come Friday night we were at our church attending a worship concert put on by the Andy Needham band. We stood and worshipped for about an hour and it was literally a balm to my weary soul. Some songs were fun and upbeat and we danced and clapped - others were more serious. I'm sharing with you one of my favorites from that night. It's called Oceans, and I had heard it before, but that night those words just sank deep into my soul and even though I cried through part of it, it filled me with such HOPE! It's SO hard to trust God when you feel like things are spinning out of control and you worry constantly about your kids. But I am ASSURED that God has not only my best in mind, but that He deeply LOVES my kids SO much more than I could EVER EVER imagine. So thankful for that promise!

Here are the lyrics to Oceans.... and you can also listen to it below. I printed the words out and posted it on my fridge, the words have been continually on my heart.

Oceans ….
You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and you won't start now


So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace

I am Yours and You are mine









Praying that my faith will be made stronger through every trial, big or small, that He takes me through!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That was a stand out song to me that night also. I loved their version much much more than the Hillsong version! The male voice made it so different. I bought their CD bc I loved their music so much!