Saturday, December 14, 2013

17 Years and a Little Getaway ...

I met Bob when I was 17 and a half. We just celebrated our 17th Anniversary!!
 That just seems crazy to me!
We met at Bible College ... this is our engagement picture, I was 19 when we got engaged,
 20 when we got married. We look like such babies here!


And here is our wedding photo ... again, such babies! So young and in love! I can honestly say that I love him more now than I did at 20 years old. We've gone through good and bad times and have learned a lot about each other. But through it all, he's been the best friend I've ever had. I am SO thankful for 17 wonderful years with this man!


This year, like any other has had some ups and downs. I've been dealing with a {minor} health issue most of the year and even though it's nothing serious, it is definitely something that really gets me down and discourages me. Any and every time I am feeling down and discouraged Bob is my BIGGEST supporter and encourager. He often sends me texts or cards to let me know he cares, he brings a sense of comfort and strength that no one else can. I think that's one of the biggest blessings of marriage, having that person there for you every single day, no matter what. 

I thought it would be fun to share some pics of us from the past year .... 

{winter snow days!!} 
{date night} 
 {St. Pat's parade in our Kerwin shirts}

{Easter} 
 {Washington DC} 
 {5k race together}
 {My brother's wedding}
 {My cousin's wedding}
 {another 5k on one of the hottest days ever}
 {my birthday dinner out with friends}
 {my birthday at Six Flags!}
 {NH vaca this summer}
 {date night at a CT Sun game}
 {summer at the beach} 
 {lovely evenings at the beach this summer}
 {NH vaca this summer} 
 {at Block Island in August}
 {out in my in-laws boat} 
 {date night in Mystic} 
 {Our 10K race!!!}
 {Apple picking in Oct.} 
 {fall hiking in NH} 

 {NH fall weekend}
 {Halloween silliness!}
 {fall hike in November}

And then ... we were able to get away for a very quick little overnight date to Newport, Rhode Island to celebrate our Anniversary. I only had my phone for taking pictures, so forgive the poor picture quality. 
Driving over the Newport bridge ... 


We walked around town a bit ... I love the shops and restaurants in Newport and the cobblestone streets, it's all SO charming! 


The sun was setting over the harbor.


A beautiful church in the center of town.


Our room had a GORGEOUS view of the harbor!



We got dressed to go out to dinner ... I went a little sparkly just to dress up a bit. 


Trying to get a decent pic of us in the room, but the lighting was terrible. 


We walked to a great restaurant for dinner, then walked around town a little more. We stopped at a couple places for a drink before heading back to the room later. 


In the morning we had breakfast at the hotel, then packed up and headed out - it was a very dreary, grey day but we drove around the Island a little anyway. There is a long road that goes all the way around by the ocean and it has tons of gorgeous mansions on it. It's neat to see although if I'm being totally honest I'd never want to live in a house that big!



Bob had also given me roses and a sweet card. It was a nice little getaway and we really enjoyed our time together. I am SO incredibly thankful for this man and for the 17 years we've had together!







1 comment:

Mary said...

It's great you have so many photos together! I want more with my man!! Mental note for 2014..