Yes, I'm still blogging ... though not very much lately, huh? Sorry! :(
So in the midst of this busy month we were given a gift yesterday ... the gift of a SNOW DAY, a rare Tuesday off where no one had to go to work or school or even leave the house for that matter. School cancelled, work cancelled, basketball practices cancelled ... the only thing on the agenda was family time.
The night before we had heard the forecast, so we set our Elf, Jingle up with a question -- Snow day? Hoping and wishing that it would come true! Sure enough it did. I got up, realized there was no school/work and went back to bed for awhile. When I got up later around 8:30 I made my coffee and the snow started falling hard and fast within a few minutes.
We spent most of the morning relaxing. I had my quiet time and coffee while Jill played on her ipod and the rest slept in. Then they sat around watching TV for awhile while I went online.
Around 11:30 we got all bundled and went for a hike in the woods. It was SO pretty, it looked just like stepping into Narnia!
In a lot of places it was really overgrown and we had to climb under the snow covered branches and avoid all the prickers. It was a fun little adventure though!
When we got back I headed in to warm up, but the girls made slushies out of snow and soda.
For lunch we made grilled cheese and tomato soup - a classic snow day lunch!
Then we pulled out a bunch of old home movies from when the girls were little and watched those for awhile. I also had a little snooze for about a half hour and then a yummy cup of mocha when I got up.
At Bob's request we made Chocolate Chip Cookies. His fave. =)
We put a movie on sometime mid-afternoon - it was called the Amazing Panda Adventure and it was really good! The girls and I really liked it ...
These two snuggled up and fell asleep during the movie! So cute!
After the movie we got some games out, first up was Pick Up Sticks. {I won!} Bob had made some delicious homemade meatballs earlier in the day and put them in the crockpot all day ... so we got some pasta and breadsticks cooked and got ready for dinner.
It was DELICIOUS! Comfort food at it's best!
After dinner we played Apples to Apples until it was time for the girls to go to bed. Then Bob and I watched Couples Retreat until I went to bed.
It was truly a fabulous, relaxing, fun day. So thankful for SNOW DAYS!

2 comments:
Sounds like time well spent together! I really like the pic of your road with your lights peeking at the top! So pretty!
We had an "ice day" last week (and for 4 days following...these Texans....) but there is nothing like a good snow day. Oh, your pictures made me miss New England even more! Enjoy!
Post a Comment