Friday, July 12, 2013

The 4th

Yeah, so I'm a week late ... what can I say ... summer is busy and fun and the blog suffers. =)
 
The week of the 4th was full of fun. On Wednesday we had a park playdate with a whole bunch of our friends. The kids ran around and played while the Moms sat and chatted over a picnic lunch.

 
That night a HUGE group of our friends went to see the local car races. It was SO much fun!

 
A bunch of the ladies ...

 
And most of the girls ...

 
On the 4th we got up and got all ready for a day of boating and beach. My Father in law has a boat, so he takes all of us out on the boat and we anchor over at this beach we love. The kids {my girls, friends of ours and the cousins} had a BLAST together. I think they spent the entire day in the water. They clammed, crabbed and swam. At one point there was even a competition between the girls and boys about who could capture the most crabs.

 
The adults visited, went for walks on the beach, searched for sea glass and some of the guys also did some clamming. Pictured here are {from L to R} my brother in law's girlfriend, my sis in law, myself and one of my best friends. I had such a nice day hanging with all of them!

 
I LOVE this pic of Hope helping Daddy pull up the anchor. It's just the angle of the pic but she looks like she's almost as tall as him!!


My fam on the boat ride home. My hair is doing all kinds of crazy things due to the salt water but oh well! hahaha

 
We came home and swam in the pool, ordered some pizza and had a yummy angel food patriotic cake. {the girls helped me make it}. Our family all went home and we were simply exhausted!

 
We lit a few small fireworks off in our front yard and then headed to bed early ... all that sand and sun sure does drain you!!

 
I'm so thankful to live in a free country! I'm thankful for all the men and women who serve our country or who lost their lives for our freedom. All in all it was a wonderful 4th of July.


No comments: