Some friends and I had a Henna party last week. We met at my friend Christina's house and had this very talented Henna artist come over. She did 7 Henna 'tattoos' for us and every single one turned out SUPER beautiful! The Henna should last about 2 weeks, give or take a little.
Here are some pictures...
She puts the glitter on over the henna paste, but it only lasts for the day ... once you sleep with it the paste and the glitter come off and you're left with the henna stain on your skin. The glitter looked SO pretty though, we all wished the color would last longer!
This is my daughter Hope's arm - love the turtle design!
Here I am getting my foot done.
This is how it looked with just the henna paste ...
Then with the glitter added ...
Isn't this Mermaid the cutest?? My friend's daughter is in LOVE with Mermaids so this was the perfect design for her!
The 4 people who had their arms done ...
And the 3 of us who had our legs/feet done.
Here it is the next morning - I LOVE the flower!
And here it is almost a week later - it's definitely starting to fade just a bit but still looks pretty good. My daughter spends most of her life in the pool or ocean so hers is pretty much gone - so I guess if you want it to last you need to stay out of the chlorine and salt water! I've been in the water, but don't stay in for hours at a time, so hopefully mine will last another week.
It was so fun to get this done and I just love how it looks. Definitely a fun little 'accessory' for the summer time!!

No comments:
Post a Comment