Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Oh July!

How I have loved thee …

How I will miss thee …

How I wish you’d last forever and ever

And never end.

We have been SO busy having SO much fun that I’ve neglected my little ‘ol blog once again. I really can’t put into words all the fun and amazing experiences we’ve been having, there are too many memories and moments I truly want to cherish … hmmmmm, I really should get back into Scrapbooking more often – so much to document and never enough time to do it all!

Would it be terribly wrong if I just unload on you a HUMONGOUS load of photos and offer little to no explanation of them?

OK, I’ll say a few words … I’ve been in AWE lately of many things …

:: awe over God’s creation as we visited the Sunflower fields

:: awe over how on earth a hot air balloon actually flies!

:: awe and gratitude over friendships that last across the miles and over the years and yet when you’re together it’s like you were never apart

:: awe and thankfulness to my extended family, who I may hardly get to see, but when I do we all just come together and enjoy each other’s company so much

:: awe over my hubby’s loving and patient demeanor and how he loves me so much ~ he’s had to work many of the times when us girls are off having fun yet he never complains or gripes about it. And I realize after looking through these pics that I need to get him into more pictures! =)

:: awe over my sweet, silly, crazy girls who may drive me crazy at times, but I am enjoying every moment with them this summer

:: awe about the fact that my own bed is still the most comfortable place to be and I can’t wait to sink into it every night

OK … enough chat … here come the pictures!!

Enjoying relaxing days by our pool …

IMG_6084 IMG_6087

Our friends came to visit and stay for a couple days!!

IMG_6089 IMG_6095

Ready for church …

IMG_6098

My brother and niece also came to visit …

IMG_6104

Lotsa happy girls!

IMG_6108 IMG_6110

SO thankful for my dear friend Julie!

IMG_6114 IMG_6124

Visiting the Sunflower farm!

IMG_6144 IMG_6147 IMG_6149

My brother and my niece…

IMG_6151 IMG_6156

Mmmmmmm …. ice cream!

IMG_6158 IMG_6159

SPARKLERS! A summer tradition!

IMG_6168

Going to the drive in movies … another summer tradition!

IMG_6209

Enjoying my coffee and quite time on the deck each day … I’m really gonna miss this when the weather turns cold!

IMG_6215

Seeing my Grandpa … my last living Grandparent who is 93 years old. This picture shows 4 generations and I worry that we won’t have too many more photos like this as I see my Grandpa’s health fade more and more each year. :(

IMG_6224

Helping work at the Hot Air Balloon Fest … AMAZING!!!

IMG_6260

Hangin’ out with LOTS of family!

IMG_6267 IMG_6271 IMG_6278 IMG_6283

Joy, myself and my cousin …

IMG_6289 IMG_6293 IMG_6297 IMG_6301

IMG_6322 IMG_6324 IMG_6331 IMG_6333 IMG_6350

The sunset sky was GORGEOUS the first night we were there!

IMG_6354 IMG_6369

My Mom, my girls, me and my cousin …

IMG_6417 IMG_6424 IMG_6435

My family!!

IMG_6487

The cousins … just missing a couple who couldn’t be there.

IMG_6490 IMG_6519 IMG_6525 IMG_6533 IMG_6536 IMG_6537 IMG_6542

My Mom, in the purple shirt, helping set up one of the largest balloons, the T Rex!

IMG_6565 IMG_6590 IMG_6598

The girls, my Mom and I helped hold Dino Toes on the T Rex balloon …

IMG_6615 IMG_6639 IMG_6641

And when it’s all over, you have to get all that air out of the balloon so the kids roll and roll and roll all over it and push the air out!

IMG_6649

It’s been an AMAZING month … and sadly we are down to less than a month until the girls start school … makes me kinda sad to think about this awesome summer ending so soon …. therefore I plan to soak it up as much as I can and if you don’t hear much from me it’s because I’ll be too busy swimming and playing with my kids …. see ya later!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Kathy! Love the pictures of the hot air balloons! Which one do you think was my favorite? Mmm.....haha

Cass said...

Totally looks like a fun month!!