A little over a week ago I got to participate in a great craft / vendor fair for a great cause. The event was to support Autism Speaks and it was a really great time.
I had a whole table FULL of all my crafty things that I make and I spent several weeks preparing for the event. I dabble in a bunch of different crafts and am always trying to think of new things to create. All of these things will soon be listed on my Etsy shop, but I need a few days to catch up on life first. =)
So here are some pictures from the event ... My table display:
I buy old quilting hoops and make them pretty with all sorts of designs. These are meant to be wall hangings and can be used in any room. I have some in my living room, my master bedroom and my daughter's rooms. These are just a few of the ones I made:
These are a bunch of the Fabric flower pins. These are made from t-shirt material and are nice and soft and fluffy. I currently have about 20-25 different colors!
I also sew these fabric covers for journaling books. I use a standard composition book and sew a pretty cover to go over it. The cover has a pocket for a pen or pencil, and ribbon ties to keep it closed. They can also be used over and over again because when your notebook is full you just slip the notebook out and put a new one in.
These are a slightly different style of fabric flower pin. They have both a bar pin AND a hair clip on the back so you get to choose how you want to use it. They are mostly made from cotton fabric and all have some sort of button or 'bling' in the center.
Then we have the hair clip minis ... same thing as the t-shirt flowers only slightly smaller and they have a hair clip on the back. I also stamped some fun gift tags so people could buy them to use for gift giving.
A fun little reminder to shoppers:
I tried something new with making these cute little girly totes. They are big enough to hold a chapter book and probably a pair of sunglasses or a snack. They come with a fabric flower pin and it can be removed from the bag if you'd rather wear it somewhere else.
More of the notebooks:
Lots more quilt hoops!
And the whole table again!
It was a fun event and I was glad to be a part of it. I met some great ladies that were vendors at other tables and was happy to see a few of my friends come out and check out my table. I'm so very thankful to have the creative bug and really enjoy making new things. =)
1 comment:
Your work is lovely, Kathy! I think it's fabulous that you're enjoying pursuing the crafty bug. May the Lord keep blessing your efforts!
Post a Comment