1. I went to Women of Faith this past weekend - got myself on this amazing spiritual high, then came home to normal life, where I know without a doubt the devil tries to bring me down after seeing where I've been for the weekend!
2. The weather stinks. Rain, rain and more rain. And this week I've realized just how much I am a sunny day kinda girl. I really thrive on sunny days and I definitely feel the funk coming on during endless rainy days.
3. I am sore. Did some gardening/yard clean up on Monday and have been back to exercising again so my back and body have been really sore this week. It's never fun when you don't feel good.
4. I've been sad. Sad for good friends in the end of their marriage and having to say goodbye this week to them. Sad for a family member who is also going through a rough time in their marriage. Y'all I KNOW that marriage is hard work, but I can't stand it when people treat each other so poorly! Many tears have been shed {by me} this week. I am more and more burdened to pray for the marriages of our friends and family members {and my own}.
So yeah - those are my funk reasons. Maybe they seem silly or petty but oh well, that's just me.

Having said all that ... I made a choice today. I chose to FIND something to be thankful for and focus on that. I also chose to get my butt up and get moving, whether I wanted to or not. So here are my little things for the week:
* my awesome husband, Bob. I am so blessed to be married to him. We don't have a perfect marriage, but we do treat one another with love and respect and we work together as a team and I am soooo blessed by him.
* my Green Mountain coffee order that arrived yesterday ... AND a free k-cup carousel from a friend who didn't need it!
* the ability to walk/run and do my exercise videos, even when I'm sore I can still move and try and do my best. Maybe I'm not a skinny minny or an all star athlete but I'm also not a paraplegic sitting in a wheel chair, so I will be thankful.
* the girls have an amazing piano teacher who I also consider a great friend. She does a great job with the girls and I'm impressed with how much they learn each time.
* finding a really great new recipe this week that was to die for! {White Chicken Enchiladas, will post recipe soon!}
* the anticipation of my first Blessings Unlimited gatherings this weekend {Fri and Sat}.
* little chats with my Mom and my friend
* big hugs, kisses and 'I love yous' from my girls.
Thanksgiving is only a week away ... after that we set up our Christmas tree ... is it just me or does that all seem a little crazy?! Didn't summer JUST end?
OH YEAH, one last thing I wanted to share ... at Women of Faith they had this great comedian on Friday night. I laughed SO hard I had a splitting headache when he was done. He kept saying over and over how good joy and laughter is for us. He used the verse 'The Joy of the Lord is your strength' {Neh. 8:10} many times. I have been playing that verse in my mind all week. Because really, when you're in a funk, there is no better way to shake it off than to remind yourself 'the Joy of the Lord is your strength!'
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:
love that verse! i have had a crappy week too (luke issues) and that's a great one to keep repeating to yourself. short and sweet works in my brain.
love your thought process about your body, too. i hate exercising with a passion but i need to be thankful for legs that can move and a heart that can sustain me. thanks for the perspective!
Yay for a wonderful husband, loving girls, and delicious recipes! Anytime I find myself in a funk, I remind myself of all of the love around me and it picks me back up. After spending a weekend at Women of Faith, you can't forget about God's love too! :D
Stopping by from It's The Little Things linkup!
Post a Comment