I have FINALLY learned that when you’re a homeschooling family there really is no such thing as a typical week. I would say that pretty much every single week looks a little different for us. So to call this post an ordinary week is somewhat true … yet, with no week looking exactly like the last there really is no ordinary for us!
As far as getting school work done, it was a challenge, with lots of interruptions, events and distractions it was tough to get much done – but I’m also learning not to stress over weeks like that. We always get the work done, we always get caught up – there is no sense getting all freaked out and stressed because that doesn’t help anyone!
I thought it might be fun though to document in pictures what our week was like – even if it seems very ordinary and boring to others, I want to document these days for myself. =)
Last Saturday we got SNOW! Crazy! Here are some pics from Sunday morning as we left for church …
This picture shows just how very unprepared I was for snow … I still have {dying} summer flowers on my porch, pumpkins and MUMS, and I haven’t even had a chance to get out and clean out the flower beds, get rid of dead stuff, etc. I was NOT expecting snow in October!!
Last weekend my brother and my niece were visiting. The girls LOVE seeing their cousin {she’s the same age as Joy.}
We had Sunday dinner at my Mom’s house after church, it was SO good to be together and have Sunday dinner! Here is my Mom with her granddaughters.
Monday morning french toast – YUM! Why don’t I make this more often, it’s sooo good!
Wednesday morning the girls are mixing up salt dough to make some fossils for science class.
Some regular school stuff … Hope’s spelling test and her reading her book for Language Arts.
My mini rose bush keeps growing and growing but it won’t flower anymore … anyone have any advice?
Piles of folded laundry, this seems to be a daily occurrence around here!
Joy working on her language arts.
She sometimes struggles with spelling and was THRILLED to get all her words correct this week!
Both girls are taking piano this year … Hope is practicing hard.
After baking them in the oven, here are the fossil prints they made …
Clean dishes drying on the counter, another daily occurrence around here!
An afternoon coffee break on Friday while reading my book {The Help} … the girls were outside playing in the beautiful weather!
{My coffee break companion!}
On Friday night our church had a Grand Prix race for our Awana program. The kids {and some adults!} all made cars from blocks of wood and raced them. It was so much fun and everyone goes home with a trophy.
Joy got a participation trophy {on the left}, Bob got 3rd place for speed in the adults category {middle}, and Hope got 2nd place for design and 4th place for speed {right}.
Saturday morning Hope had a soccer tournament to end the season --- 3 games in 31 degrees!! It was FREEZING out there! They played great though and it’s been a wonderful season.
Then they had a pizza party with their team and they all got trophies. Here she is with 2 of her friends that are on her team. {I can’t get over how different she looks with her braces off!}
I guess you could say our ordinary week was really a ‘trophy’ week!
1 comment:
We got snow last Sunday.....our yard look like yours and we totally weren't ready for it!
Laundry, laundry, laundry.......everyday!
The fossils look like a fun project my kids would like...we must try it!
Same salad spinner and yes drying dishes on the counter daily.
Reading the Help right now too. It's going a little slow for me; I'm thinking because I haven't taken a lot of time to read lately so it's been spread out.
Great job on the Grand Prix race. The race cars look great....love the Hershey car...that came out pretty cool!
Enjoy your Sunday!
Post a Comment