It's been a REALLY awesome summer.
We've dealt with some tough parenting moments, but overall been so incredibly blessed to have had so much fun and so many wonderful memories to look back on. I am SO thankful to work at a job that I get to have summers off with my kids, it's so important to me.
We didn't check off everything from our 'Summer Bucket list' but we DID check off a LOT of things ... such as:
Six Flags
LOTS of beach days
Campfires
Going out on Grandpa's boat lots of times
Paddleboarding
Outdoor concerts
BBQ's with family or friends
Reading books
Going out for ice cream MANY times
Spartan Race
One Direction / 5 Seconds of Summer concert
Taking the train to VA
Spending a few days in NH
Serving the Lord at VBS and middle school missions team
Riding a friend's go-kart
Stargazing
Strawberry picking
etc, etc, etc ...
What sticks out most is all the fun time we spent with friends. I LOVE that about summer!
Now here are a TON of pictures from our summer fun.
And now we're all ready for Back to School tomorrow --- I've been working on organizing and shopping and getting prepared for the past week. Here are a few snapshots of how I stay organized:
{My 'baby' starts middle school tomorrow, here she is when she got her locker assignment the other day.}
{Inside my kitchen cabinet I have breakfast and lunch charts to help the girls have ideas on hand.}
{Lunch boxes are in the kitchen, ready to be packed}
{Lunch drawer ready with supplies for packing lunches}
{Inside the pantry door I have the girl's school schedules, charts, school calendar and lunch calendar.}
{And now we're all ready to MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!!}
1 comment:
I love your lists! I see washi tape! Genius!!!! What a great summer! Happy back to school week!!!
Post a Comment