Monday, September 2, 2013

A Simple Holiday Weekend

We had such a nice Labor Day weekend ... just simple and laid back, exactly what we needed!
Friday night Hope went to a sleepover birthday party so I let Joy invite 2 friends to sleep over. They are SO easygoing, they swam a little in the pool, ate homemade pizza, watched a couple movies and went to bed {at a decent time!} I LOVE when her friends sleep over, they are such good girls and so easy!

Saturday and Sunday night we camped in a friend's backyard. The best kind of camping if you ask me! We pitched our tents, cooked some really awesome meals over the fire and just chilled. Saturday night we had steak and potatoes cooked on the grill, hung around the fire and talked. The only mishap was their daughter got stung by a bee right next to her eye, so they had to take her to the walk-in where she was given some prednisone. We felt terrible for her!
 {setting up the tents}

 {Saturday night dinner - yum!}

Sunday we went to a local beach and spent the day relaxing, it was quite overcast but we still enjoyed it. The adults played an 80's Trivia game while the kids played in the water. It was so fun, we were laughing while we tried to remember the names of songs, TV Shows and Movies and it was SO competitive!

Sunday night we cooked delicious Mojito Lime Chicken over the fire along with corn on the cob and Confetti Black Bean and Corn salad. Later we had Dilly Bars and Buster Bars that we had picked up from Dairy Queen. We played Apples to Apples around the fire and told funny stories and just had a great time.

I woke up around 4am in our tent because I had to pee and there was thunder and lightening all around us. I ended up checking the radar on my phone and saw there was a big storm coming our way. So I decided to wake everyone up and we all headed in to sleep the rest of the night in the house. We felt much safer not being in tents for the storm!

This morning we sat around being lazy for awhile, everyone was pretty tired. We had a late breakfast of pancakes and sausage, then started packing all our stuff up to head home.

After we got home, started laundry, unloaded everything and took showers we decided to go out to Chili's for a late lunch/early dinner. We were too exhausted to cook! I barely got any sleep over the course of the two nights but we made priceless memories with our girls and our friends. Tonight will be an early bedtime for us all!

I'm so thankful we didn't travel this weekend and were able to just enjoy some simple and uncomplicated FUN! Just sitting around laughing, talking and playing board games reminds me how much I love simple fun, not all the silly technology stuff we're all so used to being connected to.

It was a great weekend and now we're getting ready for another busy school and work week. Hope you had a nice weekend too!

No comments: