Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentines Day Crafts

Hey friends!
Just wanted to share a couple super simple Valentines Day
crafts that you can use to get in the Valentine spirit!
 
First up, cupcake liner flowers!
You will need: paper cupcake liners, red chenille pipe cleaners and a glue gun.
 
 
Sorry I didn't take any photos of the process, but it's pretty simple.
I used a pencil to 'curl' the top of the pipe cleaner, then...
Poke the pipe cleaner through the cupcake liners, add a couple dabs of hot glue
 and squish it together. I used 3 cupcake liners per flower.
 
 
Don't they look cute?!
I got the idea for these here.


 
I had this cute, white, heart shaped container and didn't know what to fill it with,
now it's filled with a pretty bouquet of paper flowers! 



 
Craft #2: Valentine Quilt Hoop
Quilt hoops are my favorite and I have LOTS of them in my house.
Here are the needed supplies: quilt hoop, fabric, felt, ribbon or string, mini clothespins
and a hot glue gun.
Optional: cute photo of your girlies when they were really little and did a Valentine photo shoot. =)


 
Position your fabric in the hoop and tighten the hoop to be sure you like how it looks.

 
Cut off the excess fabric and lay out your ribbon or string to where you'd like it to lay.

 
Then loosen your hoop so you can get the ribbon attached in the hoop WITH the fabric.

 
Flip over and hot glue the excess fabric down.

 
So it will look like this:

 
Cut small hearts out of felt or paper.
Flip it back over and clip your little treasures on to the ribbons!


 
And hang it up!
This is my gallery wall in the living room - I can't believe how big my girls
are in the pics just below the Valentine hoop!

 
What do you think?!


1 comment:

Mary said...

I didnt know using quilt hoops was so easy!!! Love the clothespins and look of this one!!!!