Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November

Wow, November just flew by, didn't it?!
In the past month we have been super busy, I have completely neglected my blog and honestly haven't even taken many pictures. But hopefully this post will give you a little catch-up on what we've been up to.
 
We went to this cool Fairy Village exhibit - there were tons of these really cool miniature Fairy houses ... simply amazing!
 

My husband, Brother-in-law and I all ran in an Adventure Race. It was 3.2 miles with 10 obstacles along the way. It was SUPER hard, I did fine with the obstacles, but the hills were killer. My time was 36.12 which I actually thought wasn't half bad considering the difficulty level!


This was just heading out. My Brother-in-law is in the green shirt, hubby is in the black shirt {behind the pole} and I am in the hot pink top.

 
We raked and played in TONS of leaves!!


 
We survived Hurricane Sandy! YAY! Praise God we only lost power for a day as many others lost it much longer. This is a beach near us with the road completely covered in sand about a FOOT deep!

 
I went for a girl's night out to play BINGO! It was so much fun! {No, we didn't win.}



 
Hope had her last soccer game of the season and the team had a little celebration picnic.

 
I voted!!

 
Another fun night out with girlfriends AND our husbands at an Oldies Dance - oh my gosh, too much fun, I need to do this sort of thing more often. Good fun, tons of laughter and good exercise too!


 
We did some thrift shopping - this whole outfit including shoes was thrifted - doesn't she look cute?! She is totally into orange and grey lately. =)

 
I've seen a couple gorgeous sunsets since the time changed. Love the colors that God paints our skies with!

 
We also did a huge Youth event - it was an overnight event where middle school and high schoolers could come have food, do inflatables and games, go bowling, swimming, roller skating, etc all night long. There were about 600 kids who attended and an awesome band from England called Twelve 24 came and did a concert and gave a gospel message. I was a helper and my daughter attended for the first time - we only stayed HALF the night though ... maybe next year we'll stay the whole night.
 
My younger daughter began swimming lessons 2 nights a week.
 
My older daughter is starting basketball {they did evals already for one team and she's going to try out for another team next week.}.
 
I started working part time at my daughter's school as a monitor ... for now I'm just filling in though as a substitute as needed. I'm also exploring other options of jobs within the school.
 
And we had another parent/teacher conference - this one for my younger daughter. She is doing amazing in school and has the sweetest teacher. I am so thankful that she's made a good transition into school and that she is thriving and doing so well.
 
So that's what has kept us busy this month ... besides the regular day to day work, school, homework, housework, church service, etc!!!
 
I hope it's not another month before I get around to posting again ... with the holidays and many fun events coming up I should have lots of pictures to share soon. Hope all of you are well, say hi if you get a chance!! =)

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love Bingo! I own a dabber but it's been years since I went! What a fun month and I love H's color obsession!