Well a crazy thing has happened to me … I woke up last Saturday and suddenly I was 35 years old. I’m still in complete shock because I still can’t believe I’m getting that OLD! LOL
35 seems like such a big deal to me for some reason. I was 17 when I left home for college and 17&1/2 when I met my husband – to think that it was HALF MY LIFE ago seems so wild to me! I also distinctly remember when my Mom turned 36, so to think that I am almost to that age myself is crazy!
Seriously though the past 10 years have gone by in a flash. 10 years ago I was pregnant with my first baby and now I’ve turned around and she’s about to turn 10 in just a few months.
Despite growing older, I had a wonderful birthday weekend and I am SO blessed.
On Saturday {the day of my actual birthday} I had a brunch to attend for our MOMS leadership team – now what could be better than starting your birthday off with a delicious brunch at a great restaurant with a lovely group of ladies? Nothing. It was wonderful.
After the brunch 3 of my besties ‘kidnapped’ me and we went to get Starbucks and pedicures – which is seriously becoming my VERY fave thing to do as a splurge for myself. I was treated to a yummy Mocha Coconut Frappucino and a relaxing pedicure.
{here is a pic of my pretty toes! Sad to say that I didn’t take ANY other photos of all the fun with my friends!}
After that the fun continued as we rushed off to see a chick flick at the movie theater together – the ultimate girlfriend movie – BRIDESMAIDS! Now let me just tell ya – it was SO hilarious – BUT there was a TON of bad language in it. So don’t go watchin’ it and sayin’ that Kathy recommended it and then say I didn’t warn you – because I just did. {but it was really hilarious all the same!}
Later that evening my hubby brought home pizza after work and he and the girls gave me some gifts to open. I also had some lovely gifts from my Mom. I love the fact that the people who love me know me so well and pick out things for me that are absolutely spot on.
On Sunday we went to church and then I came home and took a 2 hour nap! I can’t remember the last time I did that! That night we went out to dinner with our friends Jake, Sam and their daughter Reagan {she’s the one we babysit}. We went to Margarita’s – one of my fave Mexican places!
{look at her cute chocolaty face!}
{Bob and his friend Jake being kinda silly}
{after dinner we walked around downtown Mystic for a bit and enjoyed all the gorgeous flowers that are in bloom.}
{Bob and the girls gave me this great Bistro set for the patio … I LOVE it and have been using it for my quiet time each morning.}
{just including one of my lilies, they are gorgeous right now!}
So this is me at 35 years old. I’ve got more weight on me than I’d prefer, I’ve got a bunch more wrinkles that I did before, I’ve even seen a few random gray hairs on my head. But I love my life, I love my family, I love the ways the Lord has worked on me in the past 10 yrs, I love that He’s still working on me, and I am just so happy and content and blessed. My brother in law was over the other day and commented that I looked so peaceful – I took that as a high compliment and do feel very much at peace with where I am in my life … wrinkles and all!
I can’t seem to add a video on here right now but here is a favorite song of mine:
I have been blessed by Martina McBride
I get kissed by the sun
Each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the
Bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my
Front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place
I have been blessed
And I feel like I’ve found my way
I thank God for all I’ve been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones
That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
Across a crowded room,
I know you know what I’m thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we’re lying in the quiet and
No words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift
Repeat chorus
When I’m singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know
Repeat Chorus
4 comments:
Hey Kathy! So glad you had such a fun birthday!!
glad you had such a great birthday weekend! you definitely aren't "old" in any sense of the word. :)
Happy Birthday! You are such an inspiration to me on so many ways. You are an encourager and you live life to the fullest. I hope and pray that we meet in person someday :)
That's so encouraging, Kathy! We're constantly bombarded with "not enough" messages, and it's so great to hear of someone being content, peaceful, and happy right where they are. Josh & I saw "Bridesmaids" while in Cali - we laughed our heads off! And happy birthday to you :o)
Post a Comment